Saturday, August 17, 2013

That 'Carpe Diem' Glow




SO, your probably wondering "whats with the picture of her planner"... I promise its relevant.  I have this sign in my bedroom that I bought at Marshalls last year and it reflects something I've really been making a serious attempt at changing on a daily basis.


Do you ever feel like your just going through the motions and each day is so routine and just not worth getting out of bed for? I used to feel that way, every day in fact I didn't wanna get out of bed and when I did it was because I had to and not because I wanted to or because life excited me. So this year I made a promise to myself that I would make my life full and make it mine.

     I vowed to work hard and get up early. Enjoy my coffee instead of drinking it just to wake up. I did a little more exercising and watched a lot less television. I reactivated my library card and rented a few old movies. Bought concert tickets, tried new restaurants and put together new outfits and listened to new music. The result: happiness. I mean utter relaxation. I was busy sure but I valued my downtime more and started having things to talk about and became less interested in Facebook and more interested in the people around me. I was more thoughtful and my memory was better.


         So my challenge to you is to buy a planner ( if you don't already own one.) I suggest Lilly Pulitzer or Kate Spade.  And fill it up, I mean plan things, call old friends and meet for lunch. Find a cool new bar that plays live music. Find something vintage at a rummage sale to call your own. DO IT!



Feel that? Thats the glow that you get from seizing your day. Carpe diem didn't become a common phrase for no reason. There isn't any amount makeup in the world that can make you look as beautiful as you do when you have a full heart. It's worth it and you'll thank me later.

-XOXO - Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment