Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Healthy Hair Journey: Part 1

     






 I've been trying for years to get my hair to grow longer. I've searched and searched for ways to grow it, but it really comes down to having truely healthy hair and not only healthy hair, a healthy lifestyle and healthy skin. I've done tons of research and here's what I narrowed down.

So here's my plan.

1.  I just stocked up on all my favorite vitamins and supplements to support healthy skin, hair and nails. I use a daily Womens Multivitamin, 100Mg Biotin and adding a Vitamin E softgel. I've been toying with the idea of purchasing a Prenatal vitamin (NO, I'm not pregnant!) I've heard its the perfect combination of vitamins for flawless skin and long hair.
Find them here.


P.S. I also take a Melatonin for stress relief and sleep. Not sure if that helps anything directly beauty wise but it helps me fall asleep nice and early for my beauty sleep. :)



2. Cut majorly down on heat and possibly even start a no heat weekends. Braid or air dry in a high bun for volume and body.

3. Wash less, I mean WAYYYY less. Right now I'm using a sulfated shampoo 0-1 times a week. I've been using the Walgreens brand "Wen" dupe most of the other days. I don't know if this does anything. And not using shampoo two days a week. I have really oily skin and hair... so I think this is going to be the hardest part of the journey. GO as long as possible without washing. Top knots are perfect for this. They're cute and they cover the greasies.


4. Massaging your scalp.. in the shower, before bed, in the morning. Get the blood flowing in your scalp. To expand on this, get your blood flowing in general, working out keeps your skin glowing too!



5. Morroccan oil! This is a must have for healthy hair. Smooth & scrunch a few drops into damp hair and lightly comb out with a wide tooth comb. Find it here.


6. Speaking of combs, use a really wide shower comb for wet hair and be gentle. Start at the ends and work your way up. Find them here.


7.Deep condition one to two days a week. With a deep conditioning treatment or plain coconut oil for 30 minutes to an hour. Buy some here or at you nearest grocery store.


8. TRIMS. Here's the controversy, hairstylist say trim hair every two months or even every 6 weeks. I say trim the split ends and keep hair healthy so that it doesnt break. So maybe I'm breaking the rules but I say if you keep hair from breaking then what will there be to trim?!



XOXO-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment