Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Summer Beauty Awards


     Since summer has officially come to a close, at least, for those students out there, I thought I would collect all my favorite tried and true beauty products and share them with you....

When it comes to summer, I don't know about you but I like to have a little color on my skin... It makes wearing short shorts and cute tank tops and dresses just that much more fun. In fact, year round I really like to have a little color to my skin and since it naturally is pretty pale I've tried many a tanning lotion/sunless tanner. (Who wants sun damage, not cute.) Now I've tried all the hardcore "painting on brown" like tanners and I just don't feel comfortable changing color over night or having to chill naked waiting for it to dry flawlessly...usually it doesn't anyways. I've been bouncing back and forth from using Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer. This product used to REEK (sp?) back in the day. They've really updated the formula now and it smells normal and does a great job of giving you subtle and natural color that buils every day you use it.







Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray. This stuff if BOMB! Spray it on curls or straight hair for the perfect matte rocker texture.



M Morroccan Oil. I got it from my hairstylist and I smooth it onto the bottom  3/4 of my damp combed  hair and massage a little into ends. This oil smooths and adds shine without weighing down my fine hair.

Sonia Kashuk Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Beige. This stuff is awesome. One of the best drugstore/department store tinteds I've ever used. Smooth texture and solid color payoff and blends so beautifully and doesn't feel greasy on my skin. I strongly recomend you try this. I switch between this and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. ( Also a must.)



L'oreal Color Riche Balm in Caring Coral. This is the perfect quick lip color for year round. When I'm in a rush or going to class I always slap some of this on so my lips don't look dead. It's like a lip balm and gloss in one. This color carrys well from summer to fall + the packaging it so adorable.
 



Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24HR in Barely Branded. This is the perfect waterproof, sweatproof eye makeup. I use my ring finger to dab some in the inner corner of my eye and on the lid to add a little shimmer  the won't budge even if you go swimming. Sometimes I even use it as an eyeshadow base for shimmery colors. It's a shimmery beige color that would work on any skin tone. I've found a little separation and creasing but only after into the early morning wear.
 


Last, but not least, Marc Jacobs Oh! Lola. I only have a mini sample of this perfume but I'm obsessed with it. I'm trying my best to slim down my fragrance collection before I buy anything new, so this sample will have to do for now. But the sample even has the flowery cap in it and I just wanna carry it everywhere it's so cute. This must-smell is so flowery and fresh, very girly and very summer.



This concludes my end of season beauty awards.
Thanks for reading-Stay beautiful!

XOXO




No comments:

Post a Comment