Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review: Face Primers

 




I have quite the little collection going of primers. They are mostly drugstore primers but there are a few high-end mixed in. Over the years I have found that some are fantastic and some just aren't worth the money. In my opinion a good primer can make or break your makeup look. Everyone knows that starting with a clean face is the best canvas for makeup and most primers just makes that canvas more beautiful than before. The first primer I ever bought was a Sonia Kashuk Primer from target. I don't have it anymore because I loved it and used it all up. I cant remember what it was called but it was perfect for my skincare and makeup routine at the time. Now it probably wouldn't work as well.... but if your younger and have a somewhat oily complexion I would definitley check it out.
 

 
 
Arbonne Virtual Illusion Makeup Primer- This would be a great primer for dryer skin types, it's very siliconey ( word?) and goes on smooth and silky put for me I'm just not a fan. I tried over and over to give it chances and it just never impressed me. I have yet to try it on my dryer skin friends just because I don't have very much confidence in it. Oily skin + Arbonne Primer= No No.





L'oreal RevitaLift Miracle Blur- I love this stuff. To me its a much cheaper less refined version on Benefit Porefessional. It blurs pores gorgeously while protecting your skin from the sun. It doesn't wear GREAT under foundation but under a powder or on its own its worth owning.






Smashbox Photo Finish Light-Let me start by saying I LOVE smashbox products. They have got it goin on.  They have 5 or 6 different primers to choose from for every thing you need fixed! I choce the Light primer because it claimed to "refresh oily skin, increase longetivity of foundation and impart a matte finish." DUH! I had to have it and I love it. It goes on smooth but doesn't feel heavy or oily like some primers can. It kept me matte for most of the day. (I have yet to find something perfect.) By my standards it does it's job. This little bottle is almost gone and I've had it for about 4 months. I will refresh my stock. Five stars!

 



Neutrogena Shine Control Primer- I believe this is a somewhat new product. Claims to " control shin all day with or without makeup, extend the wear of makeup, matte finish, won't overdry skin or clog pores." No. Now maybe its just me and my crayyyy skin but this did no such thing. It went on like a moisturizer then dried to a matte finish... for a while. Almost an hour later I was massively oily and had to touch up and even worse when I took my makeup off later my skin felt very dry and oily at the same time...possible right? ....Well this stuff did the trick. But that's just my opinion. No go Neutrogena.




NYX Shine Killer Primer- This stuff  is great I had a little bottle and it lasted me over half the year. I plan on buying it again. It's so cheap! I love finding little gems like these. Shine Killer is a silicone based primer that makes makeup look flawless. Keep it up NYX!

 


Benefit Porefessional- Last but not least...not by a long shot. This stuff it worth the hype. It smooths away my pores and has a perfectly blanced feel on face. I love that the little tint it has just evens out my skin tone just the perfect littlest bit. It make my face look flawless and makeup stay on longer and stay beautiful. It doesn't do much for my oil but thats ok because it doesn't make it worse and its face smoothing abilitys are so distracting. Two thumbs up! 


Some swatches:
 
 
 
 
 
 
XOXO








No comments:

Post a Comment