Monday, August 19, 2013

CURRENT Daily Beauty Routine

 

      I thought I would share my first personal beauty routine. Now, I have to say as a disclaimer , my beauty routine changes pretty much month to month. There are some things that will never change about it but others I just haven't found my holy grail product yet. I think every woman is continuously on the search for their perfect product.
  I know many girls who will tell me that a product is there favorite ever and it will never change.But when I try it I'm just not a fan. Not everyones skin is the same type ( obviously) and everyone feel comfortable with different things so without further adieu.... here's mine.


1. I always start with a clean face using some sort of scrub. I include this because to me this is part of my beauty routine... it would be wrong to put makeup on a dirty, oily face. Since I have oily skin I like using a scrub to help my face get it's cleanest. You might want to use anything from a mild cleanser to an abrasive scrub depending on your skin type. I've been using Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Scrub for $6.99 at Walgreens.






 



BUT I read an article somewhere that the little "bursting beads" in these types of face washes are polluting the Great Lakes. So I plan on either getting something a little more organic or creating my own sugar scrub for cleansing. Either way face wash/scrub stays an essential part of the routine.





2. Next, I apply an eye cream. Using my ring finger I dab a tiny bit around each eye making sure toe get both corners and the eyelid. I just feel like I like a little extra moisture around my eye area because it's such fragile skin it needs a little extra protection from daily wear.
I've been using Arbonne Intelligence Daily Eye Cream for both day and night time ....when I'm not wearing my Garnier night cream. I can't remember how much this was or where I got it from but it does the job. I'm sure I'll switch it up once its gone.


3. Third, I slather on a generous amount of facial moisturizer. I love Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer for summer. It really moisturizes and makes my face feel fresh and not to heavy because it's like this gel/liquid form. I'm a BIG fan of this stuff but I'm not so sure how it will carry over into the colder months. I might have to get a step up from this light mattifying moisturizer.--$33.50 at Sephora.


4. Then I generally always apply a primer. I'm loving Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light for $36.00 at Sephora. I use a pea size amount and rub a light layer all over my face with kind of a dabbing massaging motion. I LOVE this stuff it's "LIGHT" so it refreshes and keeps my shine from peeking through. This is a must for longwear makeup...  for days at work or special occasions.


5. MAKEUP TIME!!  I'm gonna do one step for face and another  for the rest.  So, I start with a foundation, I usually switch off between two different foundations and mix it up every couple months but I always go back to L'Oreal True Match in N3 Natural Buff or I use Makeup Forever Mat Velvet for more coverage or special occasion. It blends well I use clean fingers to blend in or a blending brush. Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 from Sephora works perfect. Then I use Laura Mercier Secret Camoflauge under my eyes and on any blemishes and around my nose. The texture of this product is so versatile. Definitley a go-to product. I set all over with  Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 20 Nude Beige. Generally I do a sweep and a little contouring with NARS Laguna  or a great dupe Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 27 SunDance. Blush, I use a combination of NARS Orgasm and Wet'N Wild Heather Silk.  For finishers, I sweep a ELF Kabuki brush all over to blend everything out and finish face with a couple spritzes of Urban Decay De-slick Makeup Setting Spray.

6. I'm definitley a  UD-NAKED pallette girl I have 1,2 and the basics pallettes... along with backups. (GUILTY) I usually sweep on some combination of colors from any of these pallettes, either with or without an eye primer.. I have several. I lightly pencil in my eyebrows using Maybelline Master Shape in Blonde. Then follow with two or three coats of Maybelline FULL'N'SOFT. in very black I absolutely LOVE  this mascara I've always used it and I'll never be without it, the waterproof version is great also. Most days I put a little thin winged liner-Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen. End with a coat of They're Real Mascara by Benefit and once my lashes dry I lightly do one last curl. I know you're not supposed to do that but I've never had a problem as long as you're gentle.



some things aren't shown, just what I had on hand
I KNOW, I know that sounds like a TON of makeup, but I promise I don't do everything every single day and it's usually just a little bit of each. I just thought I'd cover all my bases and sneak in everything that I would do if I was going all out!


Last but not least, I love layering Revlon Primrose and Rimmel Crush lightly on my lips t get the perfect color or use a L'Oreal Color Riche Balm when I'm really rushing.


XOXO-Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment